Corporate Social Responsibility
Our Commitment to Social Responsibility
Food Service Company (FSC) brands endeavor to be conscientious caretakers of our communities and our planet. Our guiding principles incorporate our deep commitment to sustainable practices and corporate social responsibility.
A few key initiatives that demonstrate our big-picture focus and commitment to social responsibility include:
- Sourcing local and sustainable ingredients and products whenever possible
- Integrating fresh, seasonal produce into our menus
- Partnering with socially responsible vendors
- Pursuing eco-friendly and green practices
- Recycling to minimize waste
Food Service Company Brands Champion the Local Food Movement
All Food Service Company brands seek to champion the local food movement, with proven programs for serving locally-sourced seasonal produce, ingredients and products whenever possible.
A few examples of local sourcing initiatives include:
- Partnerships with regional distributors for food and food service supplies for dining services managed by Café Services,
- Glendale Dining Services, and Fresh Picks Café
- Farmers Markets in corporate cafeterias managed by Café Services
- Programs that connect Farm to School organizations with cafeterias managed by Fresh Picks Café
Supporting the People and Economies of the Communities We Serve
All FSC brand divisions proudly support our neighbors and economies in each community or region we serve.
A few examples of how we demonstrate this support include:
- We hire local people and provide them with with quality training and benefits
- We develop food-sourcing partnerships with local farms and vendors whenever possible
- We provide volunteer & monetary support to non-profit initiatives that benefit communities we serve
We Respect Your Community’s History and Traditions
Out of respect for the history and traditions of the communities we serve, we work to incorporate each community’s local features, customs, and personality into the names and design of our cafes and services.
For example, the Water Tower Café in Brentwood, New Hampshire, managed by Glendale Dining Services, is reminiscent of the town’s water tower, located across the street from the Café. This small but significant detail represents a nod to local tradition and serves to enhance diners’ comfort and familiarity with their dining destination.